Hello blogging world....

My name is Erin and I am a mother from Seattle, Wa. I am grateful to be able to stay home with my three children, and though it is the most trying job in the world, it is also the greatest one. I am so thankful to have this time with my beautiful children; they are growing up so quickly.

One of my passions aside from motherhood is movies. I just adore them. Not sure where this obsession first began, but I have a feeling it started with the classic ET when I was a small girl. Since then, I have not just sat silently watching, but always analyzing and critiquing as I go along. So, with this in mind, I decided to start this little blog and put my thoughts on "paper" for all see, and criticize. :) I don't profess to be a great writer; just someone who has a few things to share. Feel free to leave comments, questions, etc. My format won't be an organized one, just whatever comes to mind.

Welcome to the Diaper Reel!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Best and Worst of 2009

I know that everyone has just been DYING to know my opinion regarding the 2009 year in review. :) So here it is for your enjoyment....
Granted, I do not watch rated R movies, so that narrowed my list by quite a large margin. I also looked back and realized how many movies I missed watching entirely because of my mommy status (which I wouldn't give up for anything!), so this list may not be exactly accurate. :)
Erin's Best of 2009:
5) Twilight Saga: New Moon- I know, I can hear the groans...but truly, this movie was far and away better then the first. See below for full review.
4) Julie and Julia- Insightful look into the life of one of the world's most fun characters. And directed in such a way that made the audience fall in love with not only Julia Child, but also the character Julie who's life we truly get invested in as well.
3) Harry Potter 6- A fabulous depiction of the well-beloved book in JK Rowlings' series.
2) Up- One of my absoulte favorite animated movies of all time. Witty, good-humored, emotional, fun for kids and adults alike.
1) The Blind Side- See review below. In my top 10 of all time.
Erin's Worst of 2009-
Now this one was hard. There were plenty that I did not see (The Hangover, Couples Retreat, Obsessed), to which I am thankful and surely would have made this list. But, of those that I did watch, these were the absolute worst...
4) The Proposal- Would have been among my absolute favorites if not for the nudity and crude remarks along the way. Also rather predictable.
3) Confessions of a Shop-o-holic- Rather boring, acting was terrible.
2) I Love You Man- Only saw part of it on a plane, and had to turn it off. This is definitely not my kind of movie.
1) He's Just Not that Into You- Walked out of the theater it was so crude.
And just for good measure, honorable mentions. Though not released in 2009, these are the films that I personally saw for the first time in 09 and absolutely adored. I highly recommend each and every one. And as most of my good friends know, once I get onto a movie, I stick with it for weeks. These are just a few examples from this year:
-The Secret Life of Bees, 2008
-Enchanted, 2007
-Penelope, 2008
-Miss Petegrew Lives For a Day, 2008
-Stardust, 2007
That is all for now......See you at the movies!

1 comment:

  1. i love enchanted and up! prob my two most favorite movies.

    i love this blog super cute!

    ReplyDelete